The City of Kingsport Public Art Committee is seeking sculpture for the 12th Annual Sculpture Exhibition in downtown Kingsport, Tennessee. The dates for the exhibition are October 2019 through October 2020. Works can be in any medium, must be suitable for outdoors, and may be functional or non-functional. The Sculpture Walk will be curated by Catherine Murray, Sculpture Artist and Professor Emeritus at ETSU.
- Works: Functional and non-functional, temporary and permanent work in any medium suitable for outdoor public space; works may be available for purchase; up to eight works will be selected for this exhibition.
- Eligibility: Open to all professional artists over the age of 18.
- Exhibition: 12 months – October 2019-October 2020
- Stipend: Each artist selected for the exhibition will receive a $1000 stipend per artist/piece. Selected artists are responsible for transportation to and from the site, and are encouraged to be on site to oversee installation; most installation costs regarding site prep will not be the responsibility of the artist.
- Purchases: Art may be open to public purchase.
- Deadline: Applications must be received by 5:00 PM (EST) on September 1, 2019 (no late applications will be accepted).
- See application directions below. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The curator will use the following criteria in the selection process:
- Suitable for an outdoor setting and safe to the public.
- Pieces should represent diverse materials and perspectives.
- Pieces should have been created within the last five years.
The City of Kingsport and the Public Art Committee accept no responsibility for the costs incurred by the artist in responding to this call for sculpture pieces. The artist is responsible for transportation to and from Kingsport.
Proposals must include the following:
- Completed application (visit www.engagekingsport.com for application)
- Current resume
- Artist statement
- At least three photos of the submitted piece
Compile these requirements into a PDF or a Word document and e-mail to KingsportPublicArt@gmail.com.
|September 1, 2019||Deadline for receipt of application materials|
|September 15, 2019||Selection|
|September 27, 2019||Artist Notification|
|September 30-October 10, 2019||Installation Dates|
|October 10, 2019||Sculpture Walk Reception|
For more information or to access the application, please visit www.engagekingsport.com.