Due to the continuing rise in COVID-19 cases in the Kingsport community, the Kingsport Public Library building will be closed to the public, effective Monday, December 14. The status of the building closure will be evaluated again at the end of the month.
Curbside pickup for materials, including hotspots, will be available by appointment Monday – Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Appointments can be made by visiting the event calendar at www.kingsportlibrary.org or by calling 423-229-9465. Same day appointments MUST be made by 3:30 p.m. for same day pickup. If you are not sure what books to request, try the Next Read service available on the library’s website.
Steps for curbside pickup:
- Materials must be placed on hold in order to be picked up. Place holds by logging in to your account on kingsportlibrary.org or by calling 423-229-9465.
- Limited to 10 holds per card
- Items placed on hold are not guaranteed to be available
- Schedule an appointment for curbside pickup by visiting the event calendar at kingsportlibrary.org or by calling 423-229-9465
- Offered Monday – Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Appointments must be scheduled by 3:30 p.m. for same day pickup
- When you arrive at the Library, park in spot on New St. and call 423-229-9366 to let library staff know you have arrived
- Be ready to provide the name the books are on hold for
- Let us know the make, model, and color of the vehicle
- Open your trunk
- When the staff member brings out the books hold your driver’s license up to the window so they can verify your identity
- Books will be placed in the trunk
**All returns, except hotspots, MUST be placed in the outside book returns. Staff members are ONLY able to take hotspot returns at curbside delivery. No donations will be accepted and staff are unable to collect fines at this time.
Even though the library building will be closed, your Kingsport Public Library card provides access to the many digital services offered through the library’s website. Explore e-books and e-audiobooks through Libby, Tumblebooks and hoopla, enjoy free access to digital magazines through Libby, get creative with Creativebug, learn a language with Transparent Language, watch a movie or TV show through hoopla or research your family history with Ancestry. If you need help getting started with the digital services or have any questions, staff will be available Monday – Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. by phone at 423-224-2539.
For up-to-date information about Kingsport Public Library, please visit www.kingsportlibrary.org or follow the library’s social media channels.