Kingsport’s landfill is a demolition landfill. This means they can accept anything except household garbage. While the trash items are dumped and buried, brush and pallets are ground up for wood chips. This has helped to expand the estimated life span of our landfill to seventy years.
The Landfill fee is $35.00 per ton/pro-rated, with loads under 1,000 pounds $18.00.
|Hours of Operation|
|Monday – Friday||7:30am – 3:45pm|
|Saturday||8:00am – 11:45pm|
1921 Brookside Lane
Kingsport, TN 37660
- Brick or Block
- Road Spoils (asphalt, concrete)
- Building Materials (sheet rock, lumber)
- Wood (pallets, brush, trees, stumps)
- Ferrous Metals (swing sets, grills, pots and pans)
- Construction Spoils
- Barrels & 55 Gallon Drums (emptied and cut in half)
- Tires no larger that 19.5 truck tire (tires must be off the rim)
- Washer & Dryer
- Air Conditioners
- Dish Washers
- Water Heaters
Televisions, computer monitors, and laptops will not be accepted.
Hazardous Household Chemicals & Pesticides: Accepted once a year at the Hazardous Household Waste Collection held by Sullivan County Solid Waste and the State of TN. The event date is set by the state, but residents can call 423-323-6439 to find out more information.