K.P.D. CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
POLICE OFFICER: The Kingsport Police Department typically accepts applications for the position of Police Officer at least twice each year.
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST: The Kingsport Police Department opens up applications for the position of Communications Specialist whenever openings exist.
CORRECTIONS OFFICER: The Kingsport Police Department opens up applications for the position of Corrections Officer whenever openings exist.
CIVILIAN SUPPORT STAFF: The Kingsport Police Department opens up applications for Civilian Support Staff positions (Records Clerks, Administrative Assistants, etc.) whenever openings exist.
All current openings can be viewed and applied for at: www.GovernmentJobs.com/Careers/Kingsport
Applications may only be submitted during specific time periods when openings for each position are posted at the above link.
The starting salaries for these positions at any given time are included in the job advertisements and are also available upon request.
A minimum age of 18 is required for all positions except the position of Police Officer which requires a minimum age of 20 ½ (must be turning 21 within six months of application).
Please subscribe to www.KingsportPDBlog.com or follow us on our various social media platforms to be notified whenever openings exist.
Full time positions receive all City of Kingsport Employee Benefits to include:
- direct payroll deposit
- paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- employee life insurance
- optional supplemental and dependent life insurance
- long-term disability
- employee and family health insurance, optional dental and vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- Mission Square 401 retirement with City matching and optional Mission Square 457 retirement
Applicants for the positions of Police Officer and Communications Specialist may be eligible for pay incentives based upon prior experience.
All required training (including the Police Academy), uniforms, and equipment are provided.
All applicants will be subject to thorough pre-employment vetting to include any or all of the following dependent upon the position applied for:
- Physical/Agility Testing (Police Officer only)
- Application Screening (All Positions)
- Oral Board Interview (All Positions)
- Chief’s Interview (Police Officer only)
- Extensive Background Investigation (All Positions)
- Medical Examination (Police Officer, Communications Specialist, and Corrections Officer only)
- Psychological Examination (Police Officer, Communications Specialist, and Corrections Officer only)
Please feel free to call the City of Kingsport Human Resources Department at 423-229-9401 or the K.P.D. Professional Standards Unit at 423-229-9433 for additional details regarding employment opportunities with the Kingsport Police Department.
The City of Kingsport is an EEOC Employer.