The City of Kingsport will no longer be accepting in person water/utility bill payments at the Justice Center. Starting Monday, April 13, customers who wish to pay their water bill in person will now have to visit the old KATS transit center building, located at 109 Clay Street.
Customer Service will be closed to the public Wednesday and Thursday for the move and will be closed for Good Friday, April 10. Customer Service will reopen in the old transit building on Clay Street starting Monday morning, April 13. Individuals wishing to open a new utility account and establish service or obtain a business license will continue to do so by appointment only. Please call 423-343-9860.
City officials still urge residents to stay home right now due to the safer at home health order issued last week and only leave their homes when necessary.
There will be no water cut-offs during the crisis, and in addition, there will be no late fees or non-payment fees. When the pandemic has passed, customer service staff will work with customers to structure a repayment arrangement that can last up to 12 months.
Customers have several other options for payments and are encouraged to utilize them.
- Mail payments (utilities only) to PO Box 880, Kingsport, TN 37662
- Mail payments (anything) to 225 W. Center St., Kingsport, TN 37660
- Pay online at the city website KingsportTN.gov
- Pay over the phone by calling (423) 343-9860
- Drop box located outside city hall
- Pay in person at 109 Clay Street
- Pay in person at First Horizon Bank drive thru
If customers need to speak with Customer Service, they can be contacted as follows:
- Utility questions: call (423) 343-9860
- Tax questions: call (423) 229-9418
- Email: CustServiceCent@KingsportTN.gov
Thank you for your patience during this time.