Providing engineering designs, technical support, project management, surveying, quality assurance, construction inspection, and project design review to all City Departments.
To provide engineering designs, technical support, project management, surveying, quality assurance, construction inspection, and project design review to all City Departments. Supply citizens with technical information pertaining to their utility (water and sewer) connections and storm water/drainage issues.
To develop and improve a model public infrastructure for the Model City.
STRATEGIC PLAN IMPLEMENTATION
Key Success Factor #1: CITIZEN FRIENDLY GOVERNMENT
- Develop information packages and schedule workshops with local Engineers, Developers and Contractors highlighting Erosion and Sediment Control and storm water issues.
- Organize meetings with developers and design professionals desiring to develop within the City, and offer advice on how to have a successful development while meeting all rules, regulations, and requirements.
- Distribute informational letters to residents impacted by any construction related activity.
- Answered and responded to approximately 3,600 calls relating to citizens concerns, customer inquiries (lateral locations, etc), and outside questions from contractors and consultants.
Key Success Factor #2: QUALIFIED MUNICIPAL WORKFORCE
- Department staff attends numerous training programs and continued education seminars/conferences for technical advancements, registrations, professional development hours, and licensures.
Key Success Factor #3: ECONOMIC GROWTH, DEVELOPMENT & REDEVELOPMENT
- Survey, design, manage, and inspect infrastructure improvement/expansion (water, sewer, stormwater, parks, schools, etc.) projects that support existing and prospective developments and annexed areas’ plans of services.
- Review plans for sub divisions, commercial developments, and other public projects, and inspect for quality assurance the installation of infrastructure including water, sewer, side walks, roads, and storm water and erosion control.
Key Success Factor #4: STEWARDSHIP OF PUBLIC FUNDS
- Strive to complete all infrastructure improvement projects under budget.
- Providing in-house survey, design, project management, and inspections of projects for numerous City Departments saved the City large amounts of money that would have been spent on private consultants.
- Provide quality assurance by project management and inspection.
Key Success Factor #5: RELIABLE, DEPENDABLE INFRASTRUCTURE
- Resurfaced numerous asphalt streets and replaced sections of faulty sidewalk.
- Surveyed, designed, and inspected numerous projects that replaced leaking/aged water and sanitary sewer lines.
- Identified and designed improvements to numerous storm water issues throughout the City.
Key Success Factor #6: SUPERIOR QUALITY OF LIFE
- Surveyed, designed, managed, and inspected numerous sidewalk/mobility path extension projects.
- Review, inspect, and enforce Erosion and Sediment control measures to keep the City’s roads, parks, and water bodies clean and aesthetically pleasing.
- Surveyed, designed, managed, and inspected road improvement projects – improving mobility and safety of the public.
- Surveyed, designed, managed, and inspected park and green belt projects – improving mobility and health of the public.