Applying for a Business License
- Most businesses located inside the city limits of Kingsport are required to have both a city and a Sullivan County or Hawkins County business license.
- Applications for both the city and county business license are available at the Customer Service Center located at City Hall. The County application has to be taken or mailed to the County Clerk’s Office to be processed.
- The application fees for a business license are $15.00 for the City of Kingsport and $15.00 for Sullivan County or Hawkins County. Business licenses are issued locally by each jurisdiction.
- Annual Business Tax Returns must be filed with payment of business taxes to the Tennessee Department of Revenue. Businesses must file online with the Tennessee Department of Revenue if they are required to file sales and use tax electronically. Businesses filing paper tax returns must use forms provided by the Tennessee Department of Revenue.
- Business Tax information, forms and filing instructions can obtained by calling 1-800-342-1003.