The Kingsport Parks and Recreation Department manages more than two dozen parks and playgrounds throughout the city, offering a wide range of athletic programs and recreational activities to improve the health and well-being for residents and visitors.
Kingsport’s facilities vary from small neighborhood parks to larger greenspaces to iconic destinations such as the Greenbelt, Bays Mountain Park and Allandale Mansion.
During the Autumn months (September to November), the City of Kingsport wants to offer these park pointers to residents and guests when visiting our parks and facilities.
- Help keep the parks clean. If you see litter, garbage or vandalism, report it through the Connect Kingsport app.
- Be mindful of wet leaves on the walking paths.
- When it gets dark, don’t be in the park. Most city parks close at dark.
- Stay hydrated on hot days and if you detect an approaching storm, please exit the park.
- Warn others when passing someone on the greenbelt.
- Vehicles should not be driven into any park or parked next to shelters, buildings or rental spaces.
- Keep pets on a short leash and please pick up their waste.
- Fallen trees and broken equipment can be reported using the Connect Kingsport app.
For information about the various parks and facilities located within the City of Kingsport, please visit www.kingsportparksandrecreation.org.