Get ready to brave the icy waters for a great cause! It’s time to start picking a charity or organization that you’re passionate about and encouraging your friends and family to support you in the Kingsport Aquatic Center’s 3rd Annual Polar Plunge.
On New Year’s Day, jump into the KAC’s frigid outdoor pools—for charity, of course. The goal of this year’s Polar Plunge is to raise $5,000 collectively for various charities. There is no charge to participate in this event, but the KAC does encourage everyone to raise at least $50.
To join, please create a profile on the KAC’s GoFundMe Charity page at http://bit.ly/KAC_plunge and make a donation to the charity or charities you want to take the plunge for. Check in for the Polar Plunge is in the KAC lobby at 12:45 p.m. on January 1, 2020.
Here are some basic rules and regulations:
– Anyone under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian’s permission
– No pushing other participants into the water—all participants must enter the water by their own choice (it is not required to submerge your entire body)
– No dry suits or wetsuits
– No donations are taken on site by the KAC staff
– No “endurance” contests will be permitted—participants must jump in and get out
– However, yelling is optional
For the more competitive participants, challenge your friends and family to a contest to see who can raise the most money! This is a great—and crazy—way to have fun while donating toward a cause that is close to your heart. What better way to kick off the New Year?
If you’re participating, encourage those who are not wild enough to take the plunge to come out to support you and hold your warm, fluffy towel or robe for when you get out. Come join in the fun and start raising those donations! Spectators are welcome.
For more information on the Kingsport Aquatic Center, please visit swimkingsport.com or call 423-343-9758.