Effective February 16, 2021, KATS will be accepting appointment requests for residents who live in Kingsport city limits and are in need of transportation to COVID-19 vaccine appointments in Kingsport.
When making a reservation, customers will call KATS at 423-224-2613 (option #4) and will need to be prepared with the following information:
- Name, birthday, phone number
- Pickup address (a site check will be performed prior to appointment)
- Vaccine appointment address
- Requested appointment and return times
- If the customer is traveling with another person or utilizing any mobility aids (all KATS vehicles are equipped with lifts providing easy access for passengers using wheelchairs or walkers)
- Emergency contact information
Trip availability will be determined upon scheduling. Trip fares are depending on your zone location and begin at $6.00 round trip. Check with the KATS dispatcher prior to your trip for exact fare.
“KATS is happy to provide transportation to the community for vaccination purposes,” said Transit Director Chris Campbell. “Ensuring community members can safely reach their COVID-19 vaccination appointments is part of our ongoing effort to protect the health of the community”.
All KATS’ established COVID-19 safety protocols will be enforced during these trips. Community members utilizing this service must wear facial coverings at all times covering the face and nose while on board, and shared trips will be avoided if possible. All KATS vehicles are cleaned daily with disinfectant, and an electrostatic product is used to ensure surfaces are sanitized.
For more information about Kingsport Area Transit Service, please visit kingsporttransit.org or call 423-224-2613.