As the world continues to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Kingsport has no higher priority than the health and safety of its citizens and employees. With this in mind, the city has made the decision to extend the closure of the Kingsport Public Library building through January. Materials will be available for curbside pickup and staff are available to answer questions. The status of the building closure will be evaluated at the end of the month.
Curbside pickup for materials, including hotspots and digital access packs, will be available by appointment Monday – Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Appointments can be made by visiting the event calendar at kingsportlibrary.org or by calling 423-229-9465. Same-day appointments MUST be made by 3:30 p.m. for same-day pickup. If you are not sure what books to request, try the Next Read service available at kingsportlibrary.org.
Steps for curbside pickup:
- Materials must be placed on hold in order to be picked up. Place holds by logging in to your account on org or by calling 423-229-9465.
- Limited to 10 holds per card
- Items placed on hold are not guaranteed to be available
- Schedule an appointment for curbside pickup by visiting the event calendar at org or by calling 423-229-9465
- Offered Monday – Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Appointments must be schedules by 3:30 p.m. for same day pickup
- When you arrive at the library, park in spot on New Street and call 423-229-9366 to let us know you have arrived
- Be ready to tell us who you are picking up books for.
- Let us know the make, model and color of the vehicle.
- Open your trunk.
- When the staff member brings out the books, hold your driver’s license up to the window so they can verify your identity.
- Books will be placed in the trunk.
**All returns, except digital access packs, MUST be placed by you in the outside book returns. Hotspots may be placed in the media return box. Staff members are ONLY able to take digital access pack returns at curbside delivery.
**No donations will be accepted
**Staff are unable to collect fines
Even though the Library building will be closed, your Kingsport Public Library card provides access to many digital services. Explore e-books and e-audiobooks through Libby, Tumblebooks and hoopla; enjoy free access to digital magazines through Libby; get creative with Creativebug; learn a language with Transparent Language; watch a movie or TV show through hoopla; or research your family history with Ancestry from home. If you need help getting started with the digital services or have a question staff will be available Monday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. by phone at 423-224-2539.