Kingsport Aquatic Center to Reopen with Limited Capacity
The Kingsport Aquatic Center will begin a phased, limited reopening on May 18.
Some operations have changed to comply with the Tennessee Pledge. The KAC’s priority is safeguarding both guests and its team, so we are following guidelines from the CDC, the White House, the State of Tennessee and the Sullivan County Regional Health Department.
KAC’s COVID-19 Reopening Operational Hours (beginning May 18)
Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday: Closed for deep cleaning
At the direction of the SCRHD, the KAC can allow no more than 10 people in the indoor pool area at any time for lap swim and individual exercise in a lap lane. Pool time must be reserved in advance by calling our front desk at 423-343-9758 to ensure ample pool space and social distancing protocol.
All guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks while at the facility unless actively swimming. If you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- Lane reservation does not guarantee entry. A KAC membership, daily admission purchase or Kingsport YMCA membership is required for entry.
- No groups will be allowed at this time.
- Locker rooms will be closed during Phase 1 to limit congregating as much as possible. Please arrive already prepared to swim with suit on under your clothes. Locker rooms will not be available for showering and changing after your swim.
- On deck showers are available and should be used before entering the pool. On deck bathrooms will also be open.
- Please enter through the main entrance. To minimize interaction with doors, you will enter the pools on the parking lot side of the HMG Competition Pool, then exit through the double doors between the play pool and lobby.
- If you would like to use pool equipment, you can check it out from the front desk, then return it to the labeled “used” bins on deck. This allows the KAC team to properly sanitize all pool equipment.
According to the CDC, there is no evidence that Covid-19 can be transmitted through properly treated and maintained water. The KAC checks the water chemistry hourly, and guests may review this information upon request.
At this time, the KAC plans to open the warm pool and new outdoor lap pool for lap swim and individual water exercise on June 1. Swim team practice and aerobics classes are projected to resume in mid-June.
To learn more about the Kingsport Aquatic Center, please visit swimkingsport.com or call 423-343-9758.