Join us this week in celebrating the amazing health and wellness resources located right here in Kingsport. We’ll be celebrating Family Health & Fitness Day all week as an initiative of the National Recreation and Parks Association (NRPA).
You can participate in the following recreational activities scheduled this week:
- Monday, June 8: At Borden Park, disc golf for beginners will be offered from 6-7 p.m. This series will last every Monday from June 8 through the end of July. Local pro, Tim Barr, will be available to teach throws and technique.
- Tuesday, June 9: At Borden Park, we have our new travel trainer program starting from 9-10 a.m. Come out and enjoy exercising in the park for free with a Parks and Recreation team member.
- Wednesday, June 10: Travel trainer at Lynn View. Starting at 9-10 a.m. come out and enjoy exercising in the park for free with a Parks and Recreation team member.
- Thursday, June 11: Pickle Ball Thursday at Borden Park. Call ahead to reserve your spots. Time slots are one and half-hours in length. Call (423) 224-2489 to reserve your spot.
- Friday, June 12: Travel trainer at V.O. Dobbins Sr. Complex. Starting at 9-10 a.m. come out and enjoy exercising in the park for free with a Parks and Recreation team member.
- Saturday, June 13: Selfie in a Park day. Take your selfie with family members or by yourself and send it to our social media outlets. We will pick a winner for best picture and most creative picture. Have fun, enjoy the outdoors and remember to take a picture.
Tag us in your posts on Facebook and Instagram (@Kingsportparksandrec), along with the NRPA Facebook (@National Recreation and Park Association), Twitter (@NRPA_News), and Instagram (@nrpa).
Family Health & Fitness Day is celebrated the second Saturday of June each year and promotes the importance of parks and recreation in keeping communities active and healthy. Many communities host special events on this day, however with the COVID-19 regulations we are asking you to enjoy our parks while you practice social distancing. Above are just a few activities that are scheduled for you to enjoy. Kingsport takes pride in providing health and wellness resources for the community and we hope you’ll come out and discover the many diverse opportunities we offer to see how Parks Build Healthy Communities.
For more information about Kingsport Parks and Recreation, please visit www.kingsportparksandrecreation.org or call 423-229-9457.