Kingsport is turning 100, and you’re invited to the big birthday celebration! On March 2 at 3:30 p.m., join us for a special birthday party at the Kingsport Farmer’s Market. We’ll celebrate how much Kingsport has flourished since our date of incorporation in 1917, exactly 100 years ago on March 2! From industry to innovation, Kingsport continues to be progressive.
The birthday activity stations include:
- KingsportRocks – paint your own centennial rock
- What’s Your 100? – have you decided what your 100 will be?
- Centennial Publications – Vince Staten, author of ‘An Unconventional History of Kingsport’ and Brianne Wright, author of ‘On This Day in Kingsport History’ will autograph books; Business Journal will release their special centennial issue
- Centennial Merchandise – pick up your centennial gear here
- Photo Booth with 100 sign – missed it at New Years? Now’s your chance!
- Kingsport City Schools – see a photo collage of 100 photos of KCS history
- Balloon animals and face painting
- Free carousel rides
- ‘Walk Through Kingsport History’ – visit stations full of photos and interesting history as to why Kingsport is so unique
Not only will we sing happy birthday to Kingsport, but we’re also celebrating the centenarians of Kingsport. We have four individuals who will be attending and recognized. We’ll sing happy birthday to them, too!
The first 100 attendees to the free birthday event will receive a free magnet featuring a historical photo of Broad Street and a special edition Nolen Plan print from Adam Gray with Workspace Interiors.
The Farmer’s Market is located at 308 Clinchfield Street. For more information, please visit www.kingsport100.org.