Overview and Support Divisions
The City of Kingsport Water Services Division consists of the following support divisions that work together to transform and deliver reliable and high quality water service to your home or business! Click on the links below to find out more.
- Customer Service Center is where water service is initiated, bills are processed, complaints are reported and assistance is given to find the answer to questions you may have concerning water service.
- Water Treatment Plant is where raw water from the South Fork of the Holston River undergoes physical and chemical treatment processes to produce highest quality potable water.
- Water Maintenance performs reactive and proactive work such as repairing breaks, replace existing water lines, extending transmission lines for growth, making taps to establish new water service connections, etc.
- Water Quality Control maintains an on-going flushing and backflow prevention programs and responds to water quality complaints.
- Reading & Services read meters, change meters, test meters and check work requests to determine urgency and the type of work that will be required.
- Engineering is responsible for project and construction management of capital improvement projects and for construction management and inspection on all private developments outside the city’s urban growth boundary.
It begins by being pumped from the South Fork of the Holston River to the Water Treatment Plant where it undergoes physical and chemical treatment processes to produce high quality potable water.
Next, the water is then pumped from the plant into the Distribution System that consists of water tanks, pump stations, transmission lines, service lines, meters, etc. Reactive work such as repairing breaks, responding to customer complaints, etc., and proactive work such as line replacement, water quality programs and capitol improvement projects, provide you with reliable and high quality water service!