To apply for annexation into the City of Kingsport, you may fill out the online petition: or contact Senior Planner Jessica Harmon at or phone (423) 343-9783.  The Planning Division will conduct a feasibility study of each annexation prior to Planning Commission consideration. All annexations are required to be reviewed by the Planning Commission and by the City Commission as an ordinance. At the time of annexation, the property will be zoned in accordance with City zoning regulations.

Subdivision of land requires a subdivision plat designed by a Tennessee Registered Land Surveyor.  Our online subdivision regulations may be found here: