Called BMA Work Session – Presentation by Ballad Health
The City of Kingsport BMA will hold a special called work session on Thursday, December 6, at 7:00 p.m. at the Higher Education Center, located at 300 W Market Street. The meeting is open to the public.
Purpose of the meeting:
- For context, to understand the historical timeline of the Wellmont-MSHA merger and creation of Ballad Health leading up to today
- To provide an opportunity for Ballad Health officials to present information and answer pre-submitted questions from the Board of Mayor and Aldermen (on behalf of the community) about the Trauma Center, NICU, and to explain services that will remain or expand in Kingsport
- To allow interaction between Ballad officials and the BMA. The public is invited to observe and listen, but there will not be an opportunity for public questions or comment.
- 7:00-9:00 pm with a hard stop at 9:30 pm, if necessary
- Kingsport Center for Higher Education, 300 West Market Street (Phillips-Campbell Hall)
- This is an official BMA work session
- BMA members will pre-submit questions based on input they have received from community
- Community members can directly pre-submit questions on the city’s website below
- Due to time constraints, specific questions may not be able to be answered, but every effort will be made
- The Board of Mayor and Aldermen has no specific authority to approve or disapprove
- Community members have as much direct access to influence the process as the BMA
- Pre-hospital care (EMS, ALS) is of particular interest as it is provided by the City & County
- The BMA would like to develop a strong working relationship with Ballad Health on the provision of integrated healthcare in Kingsport and the region
The form to submit questions is closed. To watch the meeting, please tune in via livestream.