|Welcome to the Kingsport Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY CALL 9-1-1. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:|
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Kingsport City limits?
- There are No Known suspects?
- You are at least 18 yrs. old?
- Do you have a valid e-mail address?
If you answered YES to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered NO to any of the questions please look at our Frequently Asked Questions section at the bottom of this page.
- Upon completion of this report you will see the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- All incidents filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- If your report is not approved you will be notified by e-mail and told what steps you need to take next.
- If your report is approved by a member of the Kingsport Police Department you will receive an e-mail with your approved report attached, which will contain your incident number.
- An online report CAN’T be filed for a theft of any of the following items: firearm, medication, vehicle, and/or vehicle license plate. All of these will require a police officer.
- Filing a false police report is a FELONY (T.C.A. 39-16-502).
Using the Kingsport Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report incidents such as:
- Non-Criminal Property Damage
- Lost Property
- Telephone Harassment
- Thefts and Vandalism under $1,000 with no known Suspects, Witnesses, or Evidence to process
Note: When reporting On-line, there are a few items you should have ready: 1) Incident address 2) Make 3) Model 4) Serial Number.
Please click on “Select Incident” to begin..
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Kingsport Police Department (Non-emergency 423-246-9111) to file your report.
Powered by Coplogic’s Online Citizen Police Reporting
Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions
|Question||Why do I need an e-mail address?|
|Answer||This is so that if we need further information on your report we will return it to the provided e-mail address for additional follow-up. Additionally, after your report is approved we will send you an e-mail letting you know.|
|Question||What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?|
|Answer||If your incident is an emergency, call 9-1-1. If non-emergency call 423-246-9111.|
|Question||What if this happened in another city? Can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?|
|Answer||No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Kingsport please call the city or county law enforcement agency responsible for that area.|
|Question||What is a known suspect?|
|Answer||A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.|