The contractor MUST obtain the building permit.

The contractor MUST have a city of Kingsport business license; you may apply at City Hall, 225 W Center Street, (423) 229-9418.

The contractor MUST provide proof of workman’s compensation insurance.

For jobs valued over $25,000 (labor and materials) the contractor MUST have a state of Tennessee contractor’s license.

Permit fees are based on total job cost (labor and materials).  The fees are calculated as:

$20 for the first $2,000   —   $4.50 per additional thousand

Drip edge IS required per ICC 2012 IRC:

R905.2.8.5 Drip edge. A drip edge shall be provided at eaves and    gables of shingle roofs.

All roofs WILL be inspected.  Please call (423) 229-9393 the day the work begins, an inspector will visit the job site that afternoon to inspect the work in progress.