The National Carousel Fine Craft Show honors the handcrafted legacy of the exquisite Kingsport Carousel. Fine Craft Exhibitors from Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio and Indiana will show and sell works of heirloom quality in a wide variety of media including photography, pottery, quilts and fibers, glass and jewelry. Talks and demonstrations will happen throughout the three day festival that begins with a Preview Party that invites culinary and music artistry to share the stage.
Preview Party: Farm to Table Tastes
Friday, March 24 from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
While you shop at the Preview Party, enjoy Farm to Table Tastes featuring locally sourced foods prepared by Main Street Pizza and River Creek Farms. Craft Brews will be available. The menu features the items below:
- Lamb or Beef Meatballs with Sweet Potato Gnocchi with fried sage, brown butter
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash and Butternut Alfredo
- Maple Cremini Mushrooms
- Cornbread and Collard Sandwich, Pulled Pork Option, Smoked Gouda, Green Tomato Bacon Jam
- Quinoa Power Salad with Winter Greens and Curried Root Veggies
Friday night will feature music by Gerald Sheppard – master maker of guitars and an accomplished musician. Gerald has been making fine guitars for serious musicians since 1993 and has two released CDs titled In the Mornin’ and Never Reaching the End. The preview party ticket, costing $35, includes admission to the show all weekend. A few remaining tickets are still available for purchase at the door.
National Carousel Fine Craft Show
Saturday, March 25 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 26 from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, the show and sale continue. Many talks and demonstrations will be held throughout both days.
- Live Demonstrations: Master Glassblower, Bonsai, Coffee Brewing, Olive Oil infusion, Chair Caning, Potter’s wheel, Pasta 101 – Ravioli, Meditative Drawing, Herbal Teas & Sewing Tea inspired goods, and more!
A round-up of the region’s favorite food trucks will serve up lunch and snacks to hungry shoppers.
- Food Truck Fare: Lil Delights, Feeding Frenzy, Fire in the Hole, Backdraft, Foodie Fiction, Me & K’s Food Truck and La Abejita!
Funds raised by this event will support the programs of Engage Kingsport which include public art programs, including the Kingsport Carousel, and economic development and community engagement through the arts. On Saturday and Sunday, the $3 day pass is available at the door.
For more detailed information about the demonstrations, craft show and tickets, please call 423-392-8414 or visit www.engagekingsport.com.
The 2017 National Carousel Fine Craft Show is presented by the Kingsport Office of Cultural Arts in partnership with Engage Kingsport and Tennessee Craft: Northeast. For more information, please visit www.engagekingsport.com or call 423-392-8414.