April 14, 2010
- Bays Mountain Park is currently accepting applications for both of the park's summer camps. Day camps are available for Bays Mountain Park Association Members who have children or grandchildren entering grades 1-3 and 4-6. Raptor camp is available for members with children or grandchildren entering grades 7-12.
Below you will find the membership application as well as the day camp and raptor camp registration forms. To participate in these camps, just fill out the forms, (you must have a family membership for day camp and an individual membership for raptor camp) and fax them to us at 224-2589 or mail them to us at 853 Bays Mountain Park Road, Kingsport, TN 37660.
Summer Day Camp program is a week full of fun and learning! Each week is filled with outdoor, nature-oriented activities led and supervised by our talented camp counselors.
Dates for Summer Day Camp 2010
|Students entering 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade
- June 14 - 18
June 21 - 25
July 5 - 9
July 12 - 16
July 19 - 23
|Students entering 4th, 5th, and 6th grade
- June 7 - 11
June28 - July 2
July 26 - 30
Day Camp Info
There are two levels of day camp offered. One for children who will be entering 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade in the fall and another for children who will be entering 4th, 5th and 6th grade.
- Hours for day camp are 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.*
- Campers should bring a bag lunch and drink for each day, except Friday. On Fridays of each week, the staff will fix lunch for each child.
- Parents must arrange for transportation. We will provide a list of camper’s names who are interested in carpooling.
- Parents or grandparents should plan to stay on the first morning for a short orientation.
- Tuition for camp is $50.00 per child and does not include the family membership dues. A current family membership is required and costs only $35.00 per year. Sessions are limited to 30 campers, so hurry and secure your spot today!
- There will be no overnight stay offered for 4th-6th grade day campers this year.
To download the application for Summer Day Camp
please click here
Want to learn more about Bays Mountain's birds of prey? Raptor Camp will provide you the perfect opportunity to learn basic bird care from feeding to understanding techniques used with our raptors. Raptor Camp is a single-day program and is offered during the summer
Dates for Raptor Camp 2010
All dates are Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
|Students entering 7th - 12th grade
- June 5
- June 12
- June 19
- June 26
- July 10
- July 17
- July 24
- July 31
Raptor Camp Info
Sessions are limited to students entering 7th - 12th grade for the
following school year. Enrollment is limited to three (3) students per
session and is awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Applicant's
parents or guardians must be members of the Bays Mountain Park
To download the application for Raptor Camp please click here.
To download the application to become a Bays Mountain Park Association member click here
All applications can be faxed to Bays Mountain Park at 224-2589 or mailed to 853 Bays Mountain Park Road, Kingsport,
TN 37660. Happy Camping!